This message Bill preached yesterday, just 3 days after the passing of his wife is incredible and profound. Two quotes stood out to me:
– If we want peace that surpasses understanding we need to give up our right to understand.
-It’s only this side of heaven can we worship Him out of our places of brokenness and pain.
Notes by Kris V.
– The backslider in heart will always judge God by what He didn’t do!
– Answers wouldn’t fix the problem, only His presence will.
– Heaven is HIM!
Mark 16:9-11, “Now after He had risen early on the first day of the week, He first appeared to Mary Magdalene, from whom He had cast out seven demons. She went and reported to those who had been with Him, while they were mourning and weeping. When they heard that He was alive and had been seen by her, they refused to believe it.”
– Mourning kept them from believing.
Matthew 5:4, “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.”
– Mourning can lead you to comfort or it can lead you to unbelief.
- The inability to live with mystery keeps us from childlikeness.
– Hope is the joyful anticipation of good.
– If I praise Him without surrender then I am just making a business deal. Example: “I will do this for you and you do this for me.”
– I don’t ever want to be the one who critiques God; He critiques me.
– My friendship with God can only go as far as the depth of His Lordship in my life.
– His gives us peace beyond our understanding therefore I have to give up the right to understand so I can get the peace He wants to provide for me!
– Worshiping in pain is only possible on this side of Heaven so this is a privilege.
Hebrews 12:1-2, “Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.”
– We must live in holiness and endurance.
– Every loss is a seed that can bring life and blessings!
– God brings beauty out of ashes.